The withholding of child support is one of the reasons many Kansas children are growing up in poverty. That’s why the Federal and Kansas governments have systems in place to enforce the child support court order, and assist you with collecting the amount you’re owed to help raise your child.

The Kansas Child Support Enforcement Program is the state-run child support enforcement office here in Kansas. If the non-custodial parent (NCP) is not paying child support, you have a set of recourse options through this program to receive regular and past-due payments.

Income Withholding Orders

An income withholding order (IWO) is an order sent to the employer of the NCP who then sets up automatic payroll deductions in order that you receive the child support payments owed to you. If the NCP’s employer is unknown or is self-employed, other measures may be taken.

Other Child Support Enforcement Measures

If the NCP’s employer can’t be located, there are other methods of child support enforcement available.

  • State and federal tax refund intercepts

  • Passport denial

  • Driver’s license restriction

  • Consumer Credit Bureau reporting

  • Suspension of hunting and fishing licenses

  • Contempt of court actions, including jail time

  • Liens on real estate and personal property

What Do I Do Next?

If you have questions about enforcing child support payments, call 1-800-894-5931 to schedule a free consultation in our Hutchinson offices or fill out our contact form and we’ll contact you as soon as possible.


About Us

Whether you need a bankruptcy attorney, DUI lawyer, criminal defense attorney, divorce attorney—or assistance with estate planning or contracts—we have extensive legal knowledge to help you resolve your legal issue.

Get the treatment you deserve from an experienced team working diligently on your case. We are your advocates, tirelessly fighting for your best outcome.

Recent Posts

Important Things to Know About Child Custody Laws in Kansas

When you have separated from your partner, you may disagree on many things. But one thing which still unites you is wanting to do what you feel is best for the child or children you share. Just because your relationship is no longer viable doesn’t mean that either of...

A Guide on How to File Bankruptcy in Kansas

Declaring bankruptcy sounds overwhelming and scary, but it’s often the only option left for those who are in a difficult financial situation. To help inform you, we’re going to discuss how you can declare bankruptcy and also explain what you should expect when you do...

Be Prepared with this Child Custody Mediation Checklist

Child custody is probably one of the toughest parts of a custody dispute or separation process, but a successful mediation can make it a little bit easier on you, your co-parent, and most importantly, your child. We put together a child custody mediation checklist so...

A Look at the Pros and Cons of Filing Bankruptcy

Bankruptcy is your chance at a financial fresh start. We will take an honest look at the pros and cons of bankruptcy so that you can hopefully enter the process with some valuable peace of mind.  The Pros Of Bankruptcy Although bankruptcy isn’t the most positive thing...

The Estate Planning Checklist: Do You Have Everything in Place?

Estate planning is important, particularly for those who own real estate. We have provided an estate planning checklist below, but let’s talk a little more about why it is important to be prepared. Estate planning allows you to make decisions about what will happen to...

Call For a FREE Consultation

Get a winning team to fight for you when it matters most. Call us today!

Get a winning team to fight for you when it matters most.
 Call for a Consultation:

(620) 662-5489

Call Today! (620) 662-5489

330 West 1st Avenue
Hutchinson, KS 67501

Practice Areas