Schedule a consultation: (620) 662-5489

Hutchinson, Kansas

Main Menu
Attorneys Hutchinson Kansas

How Can You Collect on Back Child Support Payments in Kansas?

Wednesday, December 20 2017 2:58 PM

The withholding of child support is one of the reasons many Kansas children are growing up in poverty. That’s why the Federal and Kansas governments have systems in place to enforce the child support court order, and assist you with collecting the amount you’re owed to help raise your child.

The Kansas Child Support Enforcement Program is the state-run child support enforcement office here in Kansas. If the non-custodial parent (NCP) is not paying child support, you have a set of recourse options through this program to receive regular and past-due payments.

Income Withholding Orders

An income withholding order (IWO) is an order sent to the employer of the NCP who then sets up automatic payroll deductions in order that you receive the child support payments owed to you. If the NCP’s employer is unknown or is self-employed, other measures may be taken.

Other Child Support Enforcement Measures

If the NCP’s employer can’t be located, there are other methods of child support enforcement available.

  • State and federal tax refund intercepts

  • Passport denial

  • Driver’s license restriction

  • Consumer Credit Bureau reporting

  • Suspension of hunting and fishing licenses

  • Contempt of court actions, including jail time

  • Liens on real estate and personal property

What Do I Do Next?

If you have questions about enforcing child support payments, call 1-800-894-5931 to schedule a free consultation in our Hutchinson offices or fill out our contact form and we’ll contact you as soon as possible.


Previous: Are You Legally Responsible for Your Child’s Actions in Kansas? Next: How to Access a Deceased Relative’s Safe Deposit Box in KS

Phone IconContact Us Mastercard visa


    T: 620-662-5489  

    F: 620-669-1204

Company / Name
Select Practice Area:
Criminal Defense Law
Family Law
Personal Injury
Civil Litigation